House Bill (HB) 2055 (passed in 2021) establishes a Tribal Early Learning Hub that will deliver early learning services to the tribal communities of Oregon. The Early Learning Division is seeking nominees for the Tribal Advisory Committee.
The Tribal Advisory Committee (TAC) responds to the needs of American Indian/Alaskan Native children and their families. TAC efforts will also connect with Raise Up Oregon goals:
- Children arrive ready for kindergarten.
- Children are raised in healthy, stable, and attached families.
- Families have access to high-quality (culturally responsive, inclusive, developmentally appropriate) early care and education opportunities.
- 18 members of the nine (9) federally recognized tribal nations of this state,
- One member of the Early Learning Council, and
- One member of the Early Learning Division, and
- One member of the Legislative Commission on Indian Services.
Note: In the February 2022 short legislative session, changes were made to the Tribal Advisory Council, and HB 2055 was replaced by HB 4033.