House Bill (HB) 2055 (passed in 2021) establishes a Tribal Early Learning Hub that will deliver early learning services to the tribal communities of Oregon. The Early Learning Division is seeking nominees for the Tribal Advisory Committee.
The Tribal Advisory Committee (TAC) responds to the needs of American Indian/Alaskan Native children and their families. TAC efforts will also connect with Raise Up Oregon goals:
- Children arrive ready for kindergarten.
- Children are raised in healthy, stable, and attached families.
- Families have access to high-quality (culturally responsive, inclusive, developmentally appropriate) early care and education opportunities.
- 18 members of the nine (9) federally recognized tribal nations of this state,
- Four American Indian/Alaskan Native family representatives,
- One member of the Early Learning Council, and
- One member of the Legislative Commission on Indian Services.
For more information, download the House Bill (HB) 2055 fact sheet.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Valeria Atanacio by phone 971-375-5049, or by email Valeria.Atanacio@ode.oregon.gov.