Forward Arrow Backward Arrow

Child Care Assistance and Family Support

It’s no secret child care is expensive and unaffordable for many families.

In Oregon, we have several child care assistance programs for families such as Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) run by the Oregon Department of Human Services. ERDC helps eligible working families pay for child care so they can work. Families who qualify for the program pay a portion of their child care expense through a copay depending on the family’s income, size, and the amount the child care provider charges.

Families who qualify for ERDC may also be eligible for cash assistance for basic living expenses and job services through Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), food benefits through Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and food and nutrition support through Women, Infants and Children (WIC).

More about:

In addition to these cash assistance services you can also find more information on housing assistance and low income energy assistance program.

In some cases, providing accommodations for children who experience motor or cognitive delays, physical or intellectual disabilities, behaviors that are challenging to adults, or have other special needs can require environmental adjustments, additional training, or other program supports that cost money. The Inclusive Partners program can conduct assessments for children of families receiving a state subsidy to determine if they are eligible for a High Needs Rate. The HNR is a supplemental monetary support paid to the provider to help with the costs associated with making these accommodations.

To find local community services, child care providers or other services in your area contact 211Info.