Summary of proposed rule changes applicable to Certified Centers, Certified Family and Registered Family homes:
- Removes the rule allowing sleeping infants who arrive at the facility in car seats to remain in the car seat until they awaken. This conflicts with existing rule that sleeping infants must be immediately moved to an appropriate sleep surface. Rule will be revised to align with the existing rule.
- Correct rules to use the same terms to describe appropriate safe sleep surfaces (crib, portable crib, bassinet or playpen).
- Indicates that the Office of Child Care (OCC) may notify parents of any valid safe sleep non-compliance, and makes clear that all serious valid complaint and serious non-compliance letters must be posted where they may be clearly viewed by parents.
- Updates and clarifies the requirements for water testing and the submission of test results to the OCC.
Applicable to Certified Centers
- Corrects inconsistencies in staff training requirements for Aide I’s.