Complaint vs. Compliance
What is the difference between complaint history and compliance history?
Complaint history provides information on complaints made on a facility that has violated regulations governing licensed child care. The purpose of regulations is to protect the health, safety, and well-being of children in child care facilities.
Compliance history provides additional information related to a child care facility’s license. Examples of additional information are:
- How long the facility has been licensed and personnel changes
- Types of training the provider has on record with the Office of Child Care
- Any special conditions or exceptions on the facility’s current license
- Observed noncompliance noted during visits other than a complaint visit
- Other actions such as fines, revocations, and denials
Complaint history alone does not give the complete background of a facility. For a more thorough history, including a list of compliance history with injury reports, legal actions and more, please contact the Office of Child Care at 1-800-556-6616 and also request the compliance history of a child care facility.